Morta1337y

Hello. I am a new user of ProFantasy software. Here is my first major map. I will be using this map in my GURPS game. Any thoughts about the map would be appreciated :D

[Deleted User]LoopysueDaltonSpenceMonsenseycyrus

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

Hi :)

Welcome to the forum!

This is your introduction thread. Perhaps a better way to get comments about your map as you work on it would be to start a WIP thread in the Show and Tell or Mapping with Profantasy Software sections?

That way more people will get to see it, and you get to use this thread to tell us a bit more about yourself.

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

Welcome to the forums Morta1337y.

Map looks nice so far, but parts of it do look a little bit empty. Some of those empty sea areas can be made "disappear" simply by throwing in a map title, a compass rose and a scale bar, empty sea is a good place to put those.

It is also a bit difficult to get a good look, since you've only included such a small version. Higher resolution images makes it easier to see the map properly. I recommend about 1000x1000 for inclusion in a forum post.

Loopysue
  • MedioMedio Surveyor

Welcome to the forums!

There are many tutorial videos, it would be good for you to check them. For being the first map, looks promising! :) Good coastline and interesting features. I´d try to play a bit with blending textures using Sheet Effects. Keep it going!