issue with shading and cliff shadows not displaying

I am in the process of moving software to a newer machine. However, the maps on the new machine do not display the cliff shadows in nor does the fadding along the various sea depths show up in the savage coast from 163. Is there a global setting for these effects? When I look at the layers the same effects seem to be applied on both machines but the display is quite different with the newer system not showing shadows or fades just the harsh border lines.

Comments

• Have you got the effects on, or have the sheets got no effects at all - that happens if you copy (Ctrl-C) one map to another. The effects need to be added to the sheets you copied. has something like this happened here?

• Update, I reinstalled update25 on both machines, the older machine forced an install of C++12.0 (weird) and the newer machine is now displaying shadows and fades correctly now. Both had update 25 installed already so something must have corrupted update25 on the new machine as I was reloading all my graphic and development software.

• Thanks for the quick reply, Quenten. The effects were on and identical. The issue must have been related to a library as it resolved after I reapplied update 25

[Deleted User]