Big SUR Apple OS Update, Big Headache

Hi All,

I, like a true lemming, blithely updated my Mac's OS without doing any research first - big mistake. Crossover 19.0.2, the pseudo WINE thingy that lets you run Windows software natively, does not work with the latest update, therefore no CC3+ for me...

So, rather than spend another $40USD to update it, or worse yet $500USD for lifetime support and no cost upgrades, I decided after some research to create a Bootcamp partition and install Windows 10. The reason I did this is because:

1. You DO NOT need a product key to run Windows (which was news to me...), you can install without the key from a FREE, LEGAL ISO file. So far, it's only been a couple of days, the only drawback is a small watermark in the bottom right corner of the screen telling me to Activate Windows - fat chance.
  2. I figured that because CC3+ exhibited some weird little idiosyncrasies via Crossover; issues with text, function keys and so on, surely it would be far less frustrating and run much better in a proper Windows machine.

After doing all the required things re setting up the Bootcamp, installing Windows 10PRO (why not, it's essentially free) and re-loading all my CC3+ stuff (that takes flaming hours!!!) I am happy to report that the program runs much better. I changed the settings for the function keys so the work properly and I think I will be a much more productive and happier cartographer!

Here is a little map I did as a test...

Loopysue[Deleted User]JimPRaikoRalf