CC3+ on OS X Big Sur / Apple M1 Silicon / Crossover

Has anyone gotten CC3+ working on Big Sur yet in Crossover?

In particular I have a new Apple M1 based computer I am doing this on. It gets past the step where you enter your license code and is installing. But it seems to sit there then forever doing nothing.

Latest version of Crossover of course, Big Sur with latest patch.

Comments

• Nah. I was tempted to update from Crossover 19.0.2 to Crossover 20 but decided against it. I'm not continually paying for additional upgrades to Crossover (and likely having to re-download and re-install CC3+ and its add-ons) every time Apple update their OS. Nor am I paying an additional several hundred dollars for the ultimate license for Crossover which gives lifetime updates.

I downloaded the Windows 10 ISO file and created a Bootcamp partition for Windows 10 PRO (legitimately) and installed Windows without a product key. Apparently it will still work without the license just with some reduced functionality. This doesn't bother me as I'll only be using it for CC3+ anyhow and possibly my works cloud based accounting package when I'm working from home. Only installed CC3+ and CD3 so far and it already looks way better.

Looking forward to using the program without the weird little idiosyncrasies running through Crossover generated.

HelenAA
  • No bootcamp on Apple silicon computers! You can't run windows currently, so Crossover the only solution.

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

Have you tried Crossover support? They may have some insight in the problem. Apple silicon is a new thing, and considering it isn't a supported platform, knowledge about this is quite limited right now, but the Crossover guys are the people actually dealing with this, so they may have some insight. I am sure Pf would be willing to lend them a license if it is needed for testing/troubleshooting.