Combining Paths in Perspective 3

macskaymacskay Newcomer
edited December 2020 in Community Support

Hi guys, I traced a 2D Map and transformed it to Perspective as described in the TOUM. This worked fine. I want to create a floor out of it but since my trace consists of multiple paths it does not fill correctly. In the original image there are places where the floor should not be created. How would I go about that though? Would I draw the map from the outline completely and then crop out the spaces where there should be no floor? Or do I combine all paths to one path-object and then draw the floor? For illustration purposes I show what I have so far and the dungeon I want to trace. The black areas are not supposed to be floor.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

I would consider one of these approaches here:

1. Join paths to polys and create a multipoly of your floor before putting it into perspective. The disadvantage with the multipoly approach is that it is difficult to edit after the fact.
    2. Split up the original trace into separate polygons for the rooms and corridors. This gives you a lot more surfaces, but it is easier to handle and edit. This approach will require a bit more processing for your trace before turning it into perspectives though.
    [Deleted User]
  • Awesome Version 1 worked perfectly! Thanks