Tread softly, for there are strange objects.

As you can probably tell, I really don't know how to title this. It's far from urgent but I haven't had any luck finding other people discussing it.

I've been making a city in CD3 and I was trying to get rid of the extra layers that I wasn't using when I came across these strange things. Fool that I was, I deleted the one on the BLDNG (HOUSE 1) layer and it caused my house-making tool to have a stroke. After a fair bit of panicking I managed to fix it by getting the object back but I'm now curious about what they are.

They don't sit on any sheet. They don't seem visible. I definitely didn't make them. They exist on the other two floors of my map and I haven't touched those yet so I can only assume they get made in the map setup.

what do "fslod entity" and "CCL" mean on top of that and how did deleting one of them manage to screw up the house tool?

Any elucidation would be appreciated.

Tagged:

Comments

• jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker

Those entities are containers for special features. They aren't alone: there are other things running around here and there that are used in various systems features and that you normally don't need to worry about. They aren't something that you should normally be able to mess with because they can't normally be selected and usually can't be modified except through dialogs specifically for that purpose. It's possible to delete them in certain rare cases (usually involving the "All" modifier, especially if you use the "ERASE" command rather than "ERA"), but it's normally not something that you'll run across.

The fslod entity is the master CC3+ entity. It has many system defaults and owns all effects definitions. Most commands can recover gracefully from a missing FSLOD entity. If something has gone wrong, using the EFFECTS command should be able to restore the missing entity.

The CCL entity is the owner of the layer coloring information for houses. Use the CCL command to create a new entity if you run across problems. The entity is likely picking up the active layer when it's created in the dialog and that may be what happened here. Picking a layer like MERGE before the first time you use CCL will likely ensure that you never see this item again (it will be there, just not somewhere you're likely to see it).

MakuraGaeshiDaishoChikara
  • Thanks for the explanation. Was going to ask if it was safe to move the CCL to a different layer but I think you've answered that already. I think I've learned a lesson about making a backup before messing with entities that were not meant to be seen by mortal eyes.