Question about running the CC3+ Program

I just downloaded CC3+ which went well, but at the end of the installation, the installation program did not make a desktop shortcut. Wanting to have that prepared, which file/app should I use for the shortcut?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

C:\Program Files(x86)\ProFantasy\CC3Plus\fcw32.exe

• Monsen - the only fcw32 file that I see in my CC3+ folder is fcw32.mac - I admit that I don't know much about computers, so I apologize if I sound naïve with my questions.

• It is in the Program Files(x86) folder, not the data file folder.

• JimP - I am a bit confused... I am not sure where to look. With the Program Files(x86) folder, I see nothing that is even partially related with CC3+ - I poked around but am getting nothing. I don't mean to annoy you, I apologize, I am just a bit new to this sort of thing.

• Hi Never. If you used the default installation, there will be a ProFantasy folder in the Program Files(x86) folder. The CC3Plus folder is in there, and the fcw32.exe should be in that.

• I did not use the default installation - I put my Profantasy files in a folder on my D: but I am looking at the CC3+ folder, I see Fcw32 but it is .mac, not .exe I have no clue what to do. I would hate to have to reinstall all of the software.

• Nevermind, guys - I had CC3+ on my Start menu, I was able to attach CC3+ to my task bar. So, I can easily access it now. But thanks for the help!!

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited December 2020

When you see the fcw32.mac file, you are in the wrong folder. That is the data folder.

When you installed CC3+, it let you pick the location of where to put the data files (which you have put on d). The program files themselves are always installed under C:\Program Files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3Plus, you don't get to change that. (A few notes here, if you have a non-english installed, these names may display localized in your language, and if you have a 32-bit version of windows, just drop the " (x86)" from the path)

But here is another way to make a desktop shortcut which works for any program (except MS store apps):

1. Find the CC3+ icon in your start menu, right click it, select More, and then Open File location in the submenu.
    2. This will open an explorer window to the location the start menu shortcuts are placed. Now just right click the CC3+ icon here, and choose copy.
    3. Finally, right click on an empty area of the desktop and choose paste.

Edit: Seems you were posting your latest post as I was writing this, but I'll leave it up for reference.

JimP