A Curiosity About a Button

This is more of an idle curiosity, as it's something I've never seen before where digital products are concerned.

In the downloads section for registered products, there is an option to delete them.

Almost universally, digital products are permanently listed on an account (unless the product is relegated to abandonware - but even then, it's often still available to download).

Why is the delete button there?

Does this mean that the keys are transferrable? If they aren't, why make the product keys deleteable? If they're bound to our accounts, and it's paid digital content, wouldn't it then be guaranteed?

Also, as the buttons are close, it's possible that a person might accidentally delete one - in that case, will the system accept re-entry of the key? Or do the downloads simply grey out and a reactivate button appears? (I don't want to chance testing it), heh.

This is more of a curiosity - I like learning how things work =^_^=

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker

The button is there because some people want to clean up their registration lists - removing old products that are not required anymore.

It only deletes the product from the visual list. It remains registered to your email and if you want to transfer it someone else (which you can), you need t notify us, so we can properly move it to their registration.

You can always re-add a product to the list by taking the serial number from the Orders tab and pasting it on the Downloads tab.

tankenkaLoopysueCalibre
  • Thanks much!

That's one curiosity itched =^_^=