[WIP] Myirandios - Mivlis - Sulaska maps

I am going to put the region of Mivlis here, along with all the subregional maps/ settlements/buildings/dungeons derived from them.

First the main map of Mivlis (which is completed) - 200x200 km square

Comments

• Next is the region around Sulaska - 25x25 km. Not yet completed

square

• Next, the town of Sulaska.

I will do some buildings and a small dungeon next, then write up a mini-adventure

• The town of Sulaska is finished. However, I would welcome critiques. I may try to fit it into the Atlas somewhere as well. A much larger version is in my gallery. Ethericists are the equivalent to magic users, but use electromagnetic energy directly, with or without enhancing crystals. Each ethericist tends to specialize in 1 or 2 wavelength ranges. (eg radio and infrared; or ultraviolet and visual range, and some even XRay range).

• And here is the Sulaska environs finished. Points of interest are the reefs, and the mounds, in addition to the settlements. Critique very much welcome.

• Here is the ground floor (Floor 1 to USA) of the Purple Sacriflos Inn (the one on the SE corner).

Sacriflos: The ‘butterfly stage' of the Pedi, it has a wing span of 2m, and its wings are of all colours. It dies within 2-4 months. Its wings are prized as ornamental pieces, and can be preserved by covering with a transparent ‘glue’ made from another native plant. Most Pedi owners do not let their pedi breed for a long time, so as to prevent loss to a chrysalis stage.

Pedi: 3-15m long, 1.5m high. Each 1m segment has 3 pairs of legs with ‘suction cap’ like action, allowing it to climb very steep slopes. It has a small head with 4 multifaceted eyes. It has multiple ‘brains’ along its 2 spinal cords, and like a Myirandios worm, can survive being severed at every 3rd segment. It has 4 large touch feelers at its ‘head’segment. The chitin like exoskeleton can be polished to a shiny gem-like state, and is multi-coloured. Its meat is edible after suitable preparation, and its chitin can be used as fair armour (not as strong as resinsteel). However its main use is as transport for it can be tamed and used as pack animals over even longer distances and more terrain than camels, though it needs a lot more green food and water. It is vegetarian and egg laying. After fertilization occurs, it will form a chrysalis form, and emerge as the beautiful ‘butterflies’. It is tamed by ‘bonding’ with a specific rider, and when that rider dies, it is no longer able to be used. It is usually then mated with the other 2 sexes to produce the Sacriflos (always occasion of a local celebration), or more uncommonly, butchered for its meat and chitin. Chitin was the main hard substance till the settlers found a plant which when treated was almost as strong as steel. Iron ore is not plentiful, and there was no real Carboniferous Era to make much in the way of coal.

Myirandios is home to many native species, but the only Earth species, apart from genetically modified humans that survived the sulphur-rich environment, were camels (now bred into all the niches of other Earth domesticated herd animals), potatoes, barley, sugar cane and cacao trees. [Since women are the dominant sex, we can't deny them their chocolate, now can we].

I will eventually get around the 'mapping' some of the Myirandian species.

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

Looking great. I really enjoy that map.

• Minus the key, and with a change in name - here is the final rendition of the inn. I will submit this to the Atlas somewhere.

• And the final rendition of Sulaska, now called Gronvang for the Dunor Valley region in the Atlas. Both submitted.

• Great stuff here, Quenten. I've been so busy with work, Percy and my holiday dice sale that i've hardly anytime for anything else, let alone d&d prep....i an stealing EVERYTHING :)

[Deleted User]
  • 3 months later
  • Here, at last, are the map notes for Gronvang. As usual, I have tried to introduce a few adventure hooks - a love triangle, an unsolved murder, a promiscuous enchantress, and heinous blackmail from an unexpected source.

Gronvang is a small town of ~1500 people, and a thriving farming community. The river Drunstomruns bisects the town, which is surrounded by a tall wooden palisade. It is ruled lightly by Squire Edgar Gronvang, whose family founded the town several centuries ago. It does a thriving business with Runcibor, about 20 miles to the east, and also provides foodstuffs to Dunor City.

Squire Edgar’s manor is a beautiful 3 storey house, in the Tudor style, and two small decorative towers with peaked roofs – one acting as a messenger pigeon coop. It was erected by his grandfather, with beautiful landscaped gardens. However, his son, who thoroughly disliked his father, applied stucco to the whole house, replaced the gardens with stone terracing, and built a wall around the manor. Squire Edgar, his second and rather shy son, inherited the lands and house, but so far has done little to add or subtract to the house. He is unhappily married to the daughter of a neighbouring wealthy landowner, and it is perhaps out f spite he refuses any makeover – as a result the building is looking rather shabby, and the walls show signs of no upkeep for the last 15 years. Instead, he lavishes all his love and concern on his only child, Rosamund, now 13 years old.

The priest of St Remlinz, Father Dietrich Bachlinzer, is a doddering old man, with wispy hair, and a white beard. However, he is not doddering at all, but a keen observer, and is blackmailing bothe Squire’s wife, Anabel, for her series of supposedly secret illicit affairs, and the Mayor for his embezzlement of town funds, and the Klein Inn-keeper’s son, Freimund Kleinson, for murder of his rival for the prettiest daughter, Bettina Damozein, of the owner of the Purple Butterfly Inn.

None of his victims are aware that it is the priest who is blackmailing them. What his motivations are beyond wealth are not known to any; but if they knew he was an agent of the Holy Spiros Order, trying to make money to restart a monastery in Gronvang, they would be truly horrified.

The Enchantress, Ingrid Borgfrau, openly offers her services, and tuition for sale, and is very suspicious of the priest. She has no direct evidence though. She has a number of lovers, which she is open about, but which incurs the opposition from the priest (no blackmail opportunity), distaste from the Squire (typical upperclass hypocrisy), jokes from the middle class, and admiration from the lower classes, whom she generously aids from time to time.

The Townhouse indicated is a ruined 3 storey building, reputedly haunted. In fact, it is, by the vengeful ghost of Norbet Berend, the man killed by Weimar Bomein, the Klein Inn Keeper’s son who is now being blackmailed.

Flar Mill is owned by Desmond Flar, a fair-haired, well built, tall and very handsome immigrant from Peredur. He is an excellent worker, has designed a very efficient mill, and also has designs on the pretty daughter of the Purple Butterfly Inn’s Keeper, Bettina Damozein (which she returns). But of course, other women are also all over him, so his secret is safe from Freimund Kleinson so far.

The Tollhouse Keeper, Hans Greinvel, is a very sociable man, and is often found drinking in the Purple Butterfly’s Inn with his mates. And he is the most amazing gossip in town. His wife, Gretel, often has to drag him home when he gets too drunk to walk.