DD3 Symbols, Templates, etc. do not show up in CC3

Hi everyone,

I'm brand new to CC3 and DD3. I'm mostly trying to make dungeon maps for my players online. I installed CC3 and seemed to install DD3. When I open CC3, the DD3 icon shows up in the toolbar. However, it seems like there are no DD3 symbols or tools actually installed in CC3. When I click that button, nothing happens. If I try to make a new map, it only gives me CC3 maps to work from. When I right click the DD3 icon and open symbol settings, it's blank. I know there's sometimes an issue with the "Master Symbol Filters,"but all of mine say CC3, not DD2 or DD3, because it won't even let me work from DD maps/symbols at all.

When I was installing DD3, there was a drop down icon next to DD3 in the installer that showed an X. There were other icons there that said something like "Entire directory available" or something, and the X was "No Directory Available." If I chose anything other than the X, I got a series of install errors until it failed. I tried reinstalling/repairing CC3. When I try to open the CC3menu file I see people talk about sometimes, I get an error. I'm not entirely sure what to do from here, and I've hit dead ends with Googling. Thank you in advance.

Answers

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited December 2020

Hi, shortstack :)

Did you turn off your AV and install all the software by right clicking the installer and picking "Run as administrator"?

If yes, did you allow the app to open when it wanted to open at the end of each installation process?

Have you downloaded and installed the most recent update for CC3+? (This needs to be done at the end of the whole process - again, if you already did it before but then installed something else)

JimPshortstack51
  • shortstack51shortstack51 Newcomer
    edited December 2020

Hello,

Thank you for your help. I uninstalled everything and tried your suggestions, and I have some minor improvement (when I click DD3 I see drawing tools in the upper left hand corner), but the biggest problems stay the same. The only templates available are "CC3 Dungen,"not "DD3"that I see people talk about. When I open any of the symbols (for example, "Wall Cutting"") under the dungeon menu, there is nothing there. When I right-click DD3 and select symbols or drawing tools there is also nothing there.

Edit: I also have City Designer 3 and that seems to be working fine. All the symbols and tools are there, no issues. It's only DD3 (ironically, of course, the one I really want to use soon) that isn't working. DD3 is also the only one that gives me that weird menu about whether the entire catalogue will be installed locally or be "unavailable" that won't let me select anything except unavailable.

Edit 2: For some reason the forum is saying this question was answered but it wasn't, although the suggestion was helpful.

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

The question was answered, but there is no accepted answer. There's a difference ;)

If you installed everything correctly (and since you only just purchased the software I think we can rule out outdated installers) I don't know why you are still having problems with DD3. Probably the quickest way of solving this issue is to put in a report to Tech Support via your account page when you log in to the PF webpage. There's a tab for it there.

Instead of having to explain it all over again you could paste a link to this thread.

PF support is very good. They should have you all sorted out quite soon.