Humble Bundle

The Humble Bundle is back for the next 7 days, so if you missed the chance the first time around here it is again :)

[Deleted User]

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

Bundle is a very nice deal even if you own CC3+ itself, but need some add-ons. Each of the three main add-ons in there (Dungeon Designer, City Designer, Perspectives) normally cost more by themselves than you can get the entire bundle for. And the bundle also contains much more.

Loopysue
  • Hi, i am new member who just bought via humble bundle. :D

Before purchase i try to find some review about CC3+ and read many review that say it's difficult to learn. But i decided to try because if you don't try yourself you don't know.

I am a diver and i have a dream someday i can create underwater diving maps from several places that i've visited. I will learn basic CC3+ in several weeks from tutorial and youtube. And hope after that can create simple maps.

Btw is there any underwater icon / symbol from annual so it's more easier to create underwater maps ?

thank you

LoopysueDaishoChikara
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

Hi grandula :)

You're doing the right thing heading straight for the tutorials. the one in the User Manual is the best one to start on.

What kind of maps are you thinking of? I know 'underwater', but what style? Are you talking about maps like navigation charts, detailed bathometric charts, or something else?

grandula
  • Hi Loopsyue

Just a simple map, we usually do briefing map before diving just to give information where to start, where to finish, what we will found and some general information.

but someday (i hope) i can create underwater map like below to put in my diary book.

i know it's different league, and i need to level up my skill from beginner to master before i can create beautiful map like that :D

But right now I have the time and willingness to learn new things (because covid we can't travel :( ).

Do you think it's possible to create map like that with CC3+ ?

Ludorandir

That would be quite a challenge using any of the existing styles, not least because we don't actually have an underwater style as such.

However, if you are prepared to make top view maps rather than isometric or perspective view like these we should be able to help you develop your own way of doing things.

The wonderful thing about CC3 is that you can make your own styles with your own textures and symbols.

grandula
    edited November 2020

@grandula - good news for you. I was just discussing the need for an underwater mapping style with another member of the Profantasy team, and the go ahead was given for planning to commence. This will probably be a new style in next year's Cartographer's Annual, so although it is not an immediate solution for you it will be there eventually :)

DaishoChikaragrandulaJimPRaiko
  • @grandula - There is a specific Marine Maps style available through the 2017 Cartographer's Annual which, although a non-pictorial modern style, might be a place to start.

Some of us have been hoping for some underwater mapping options for years for CC3+ though, so you're not alone in this as an area of interest ?️!

DaishoChikaragrandula

• @Loopysue glad to hear that.. but first thing first. i will try my best to learn basic of CC3+first. It's seem intimidating right now hahaha

@Wyvern thanks for your information.. will check it. Hope someday i can contribute to help with underwater things to community.

i just try my first map from my earlier sketch. still need more practice and learn the basic thing. it's very different with other software. I think for me it's right choice to get humble bundle this time. Actually, before this i don't event know about CC3+, just see it from humble bundle, browse google and reddit for review, saw some gallery and decide to try it.

LoopysueJimPjmabbottDaishoChikaraWyvernWeathermanSweden
  • That is outstanding work! Really impressive that is your first map. Mine was...not that good... ;-)