Video tutorials for beginners

Decided to start posting a video tutorial series intended for beginners. The first few videos are now up and can be found in my playlist here:

jmabbottquirky_gamerLoopysueQuentenWeathermanSwedenDaishoChikaraWyvernWinterblight

Comments

• Thanks a lot for these Monsen! I always like watching your videos and pick up new things each video. I'll definitely be referring back to your page often. Looking forward to your future videos!

• Even though I’m not a beginner anymore, I’m still very inexperienced and I’m sure I’ll pick up some handy tips & tricks.

Thanks for this @Monsen!

• LoopysueLoopysue 🖼️ 15 images Mapmaker ProFantasy

I'm definitely not a beginner, and I always learn something when Remy makes a video.

• Loopysue said:

I'm definitely not a beginner, and I always learn something when Remy makes a video.

Me too :) - thanks @Monsen
  • MedioMedio Surveyor

Great idea bro! People always complain about the steep learning curve. Such videos help us all slot. Thumbs up.

• I'm with Sue and Raiko. Thanks, Remy.

• Yay! More videos to watch! I learn something EVERY time! ;-)

• WyvernWyvern Surveyor

Not sure if it's just my system or not, but video 3 "Part 2 - Drawing the Landmass" hasn't shown up in my YouTube Notifications list. I am subscribed to your channel, so it should, but maybe something got missed when you posted it? Or maybe YouTube's just having a "slow" day... (the other two videos showed up OK in the list, and the usual page ads meant it was very easy to spot you'd posted a third video as well).

Very good to see a thorough new series covering CC3+ this way. Videos have been so important in my own learning process with CC3 and 3+ - mostly Joe Sweeney's - and I'm sure many newcomers to 3+ will find these essential as well.

• LoopysueLoopysue 🖼️ 15 images Mapmaker ProFantasy

I can see it, Wyvern, and I've watched it as well.

Have you visited Remy's main page on YouTube to see if you can see part 2?

• I can see it and have seen it as well. Maybe with him posting three videos in what looked to be short order it just didn't show on your notification list @Wyvern

• MonsenMonsen 🖼️ 43 images Mapmaker Administrator

YouTube is somewhat peculiar when you post several videos at once. I've seen the same happen with videos from others I follow, my subscriber stream only lists the first video even though the rest are available.

I'll try to avoid that in the future, but I couldn't really start a new series with just that intro video alone.

Loopysue
  • WyvernWyvern Surveyor

@Loopysue - Yep, the video was on the homepage, though as it came up in the "recommended" list, I didn't need to use that to watch it.

Oddly, video 2 still hasn't shown-up in the notifications list for me, so I guess now it likely won't. It was odd that both video zero and video one were/are shown there, just not video two.

Haven't come across anything quite like this before on YouTube, though it definitely has its quirks - and I gather now also more ads, for which they're not going to be paying the affected video owners. Charming...

Loopysue