Non-Facebooker: am I missing good PF stuff?

I've resisted the pull for this long, and would like very much to never go on FB, but I get the impression that there is a lot of good PF material on the official FB page.

Is it worth grimacing and making an FB profile just for PF content, or is the forum still the main place for PF discussion/knowledge?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited November 2020
    I don't tend to visit the FB page very often, as it moves very fast and I don't like FB in general, but I'd say that the FB page is a lot busier than the forum. So yes, you're probably missing out on lots of nice CC3 maps if you avoid it. Whether that's worth getting a FB account for, I'm not sure - I already had one, I just don't often post or follow any social stuff.

I generally follow the maps of the month links from Ralf's blog post every month and then have a little look around at the same time. The forum is more my pace, especially as I've got another couple of forums that I'm very actively on.
  • There is nothing official on FB that isn't on this forum, and more detailed help is on this forum. But lots of lovely maps.

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

Now that uploading larger images here (several times larger than you can on FB) is possible, and with equal ease, I mainly visit the FB Group to help new users and test the water with new ideas.

When I post a map I post in both places, though I usually run better WIP threads right here on the forum where I can always find my stuff. I don't waste time trying to find and continue old FB posts, so the information there is bitty and all over the place compared to here.

[Deleted User]WeathermanSweden
  • 99% of my comments are over here.

The problem with any FB page is: 1) it scrolls down quickly, and 2) their search function is weak.

• Thanks all. I might maintain the no-FB policy. If everything scrolls away quickly and is harder to find, I'll stick with here.