WIP Morwara (Erdan Worlds of Wonder style)

2»

Comments

• MedioMedio Surveyor

Yeah, they are both great if not best examples of both scopes. Will revisit both of them. I also wanted people ask for those symbols that are not usually on styles and wanted them to be done, maybe they would fit on the style (considering it´s a big style).

• 8 days later
  • MedioMedio Surveyor

Just some update, changed many things and created many simbols.

The map will be ready this week and the final version will be shown later.

MonsenLoopysue[Deleted User]RalfWyvernDaishoChikara
  • MedioMedio Surveyor

Humm since a few days ago I'm facing heavy performance issues on CC3+. Not CPU nor RAM get into 100% but looks like the program can't cope with... Textures. I added some textures of my own and if u put effects on, everything takes ages to work. I've noticed this since that textures input. If I hide them, everything goes fine more or less but when I put them in...

I'm 2 weeks away of getting my new pc and moving from Windows 7 to 10. But I want this to be done now... Weird.

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

How large are these textures? Keep in mind that CC3+ is a 32-bit program, so it can't address more than 4GB of your RAM. If total image sizes gets too large, it means it can't keep them in the RAM cache, but need to read them from disk all the time. Having effects on also eats up parts of this memory while working, leaving less room in the cache.

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

Also, some effects are more expensive on memory than others. As I understand it blur is pretty bad.

• MedioMedio Surveyor

Yeah, could be that. The issue is that the pc doesn´t show really either GPU or RAM too busy. Weird. I will work without watching textures until i get the new pc.

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

If you have a heavily detailed coast, and then trace a terrain type along it in places that's also a possible cause, since just one complete trace of the coast doubles an already high number of nodes. Try SIMPLIFY on the coast and anything that has been traced from it.

• MedioMedio Surveyor

Indeed, my coastlines are always heavily detailed :D But i didn´t trace this time nothing from it.

I´m just taking Blur out until the map is finished and not charging the heaviest textures and doin fine. Thanks for the tips! :)

• MedioMedio Surveyor

Okay, the map is finished (and the style aswell). I will let Ralf show it when the time comes. Overall i´m pleased, it has lots of adventure points on it and while it´s not homogenic because some climates are mixed, i enjoyed lots on creating it. Hope you will like it when you saw it ;).

LoopysueJimP