CA167 Fills with map started with CA163?

I have a map I started with Sue's excellent excellent excellent Spectrum Overland from CA163. Looks like all of the additional symbols from CA167 are available to me -- the only thing partially missing seems to be the fill styles. FOr example, I see the frozen lake symbol but because the fill style is missing it's shall we say a bit underwhelming! What's the best way to resolve this?

Best Answer

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited November 2020 Accepted Answer

Due to the way fill styles are defined on a per map basis in CC3+, old maps won't automatically have new fill styles.

Use Draw -> Insert file, and pick a new map that does contain the style. Now, with the map to insert on your cursor, simply hit Esc, and the fills will be inserted, but not the map itself.

Loopysueargel1200

Answers

• I don't see any red Xs in my FS: ( fill style) selection window.

Which one are you missing and I'll look through mine and see if I have it as a double check.

I always right click and install as Administrator.

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

I have it in mine.

To prevent mixing originals with the install I move all the files I used to create everything to an archive folder on the other drive, so it should have come with the installer.

If you go to your equivalent of this address can you see it then?

C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Bitmaps\Tiles\Overland\Annual Spectrum Overland

• Yes, the texture is there. I f I load up the example map that came with the annual then everything looks fine. But if I load my older map up then there are no CA167 fill styles.

Example map then from my map:

And:

edited November 2020

I had a brain flip and told Remy I didn't understand this one, but the clue is in the age of the map.

It won't have the fill style because it was created before the second part.

Everything goes in the same folders as the first time around, but maps that were created using part 1 before part 2 was published won't know the 2 new fills exist. The most direct way of importing them without filling your list up with duplicates is to pick one of the water fills (which will automatically have the same scaling) and click the New button next to the Fill Style Name dropdown.

CC3 will prompt you for the name for your new fill. Name the fill exactly as it is named in the drawing tool "Frozen lake_CA167"

Then use the File button next to the box showing the file path and navigate to the VH resolution for the frozen lake fill. Double click the VH file and then replace everything in the file name up to "Bitmap...." with "@" That creates a relative reference identical to any of the others.

The drawing tool should work ok then.

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited November 2020 Accepted Answer

Due to the way fill styles are defined on a per map basis in CC3+, old maps won't automatically have new fill styles.

Use Draw -> Insert file, and pick a new map that does contain the style. Now, with the map to insert on your cursor, simply hit Esc, and the fills will be inserted, but not the map itself.

Loopysueargel1200

Or do it Remy's way :)

argel1200