Live Mapping: Creating your own Symbols

LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

Hi Everyone :)

Ralf will be doing this week's live stream, showing us all how to make our own symbols.

Please do come along and learn with us if you can. Click the link above and book your reminder on YouTube.

MonsenRaikoWinterblight[Deleted User]kilma.ard.venomTheschabi

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

Yes, despite the technical glitches at the beginning it's well worth a viewing. I can't believe how much I learned about the Symbol Manager. I knew about exporting the text files for reordering and renaming the symbols because I had to do it to set up the connecting cliff symbols, but there's a lot I didn't know.

Thanks very much @Ralf :D

• Just viewed the video through, and greatly enjoyed it. I spent a while working on setting up symbols and symbol catalogues at the start of this year, so a lot was familiar territory, but it's nice to follow along and see how easy it is when you're not having to stop every thirty seconds to recheck the help files or the Tome...

Technical glitches are pretty commonplace on live streams generally I've discovered, so that really didn't affect me. It's almost expected! One series of live streams on Twitch I've been following in recent months has always seemed to start with sound problems; we were taking bets (not real ones!) two nights ago as to what was going to happen this week, and to everyone's amazement (including the participants), the sound was perfect from the start!

Part of the problem with this has been getting good quality equipment during the lockdowns in various parts of the world this year, because it's often been in such demand elsewhere.

Sympathies to @Quenten for his 3 a.m. viewing time. That Twitch stream is broadcast from New York, and starts at midnight UK time currently; next week, because US Daylight Saving Time doesn't end till Nov 1, whereas in Europe it switches back this weekend, it'll not start till 1 a.m. ?

Nice to have a sneak preview of some of @Loopysue's new symbols from next month's Annual as well. And don't think we didn't spot that folder labelled "CC4" on your computer @Ralf ?