City Designer & ss5 Schley city pack problem - please help

Hey, I am new to the software and so far am enjoying it but have some technical difficulties. I tried searching the forum but did not run across anything so I apologize if this has been addressed before (my search-fu isn't strong). This seems to be only a problem with City Designer and the ss5 Schley pack. The symbols won't stop bouncing back and forth, and get stuck on a straight horizontal line. I also cannot rotate them. I thought it was the smart symbol option but when I turned that off it did not correct the issue. I tried reinstalling the newest cc3+ update, nothing. I'm really hoping this is just me being an idiot and not seeing an obvious thing. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, simianorganism

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

Basically, these are the things that can affect symbol behavior:

• Smart Tracking and Smart Symbols: Settable from the symbol Parameters Dialog. These settings affect how/if symbol control points reacts when over a line, such as forcing a house to align to a road or a door to align with a wall and resize. If symbols rotate on their own and snap to lines, this is the setting.
    • Ortho, Snap and Attach: Settable from the bottom right corner of the program window. Snap wil force placement points to follow the grid, Ortho will force the placement point to be either straight horizontal or vertical from the last point used, and attach will attempt to align the placement point with the endpoint of any entity clicked.
  • As above, but with illustrations:

• Smart Tracking and Smart Symbols: Settable from the symbol Parameters Dialog. (Right click when placing symbols.) These settings affect how/if symbol control points reacts when over a line, such as forcing a house to align to a road or a door to align with a wall and resize. If symbols rotate on their own and snap to lines, this is the setting. 
    • Ortho, Snap and Attach: Settable from the bottom right corner of the program window. Snap will force placement points to follow the grid, Ortho will force the placement point to be either straight horizontal or vertical from the last point used, and attach will attempt to align the placement point with the endpoint of any entity clicked.

• Thank you both! It was in fact me being an idiot and missing an obvious thing. Everything seems to be in working order now. I also saw that technically this was the wrong thread for such a question. My apologies for the faux pas. (Also thanks for the explanation of the ortho button - had no clue.)

Thanks, simianorganism

• Don't worry about it, you should see the mistakes I used to make. Egad.

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

Er... me too, actually!

Don't worry about it. We all did it back in the beginning. Just carry on and keep mapping :)