How to change image file path?

Hi,

In my background layer I have a BMP image. It's been a while since I created the map in CC3 (I'm now using CC3+) and the BMP shows as a red X instead of the required image.

Some forum searching got me to the problem--using Info -> List I discovered the file path points to a location that no longer exists.

Is there any way to edit the file path, or even just delete the image and re-add it from the new location? There doesn't seem to be an intuitive way to do either, though I'm hoping it's the sort of thing that's easy when you know how.

Thanks

Best Answer

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Accepted Answer

You can use Numeric Edit on it.

Note that it can be a bit difficult to target the edge of the red x image, the actual edge seems to be a bit inside the visual edge, into the gray area. (Note that you can "spam-click" this command. Since left button repeats the command, and the command ends whenever you click with a non-valid selection, just keep clicking will reactive the command for another try)

Chumbleargel1200

Answers

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Accepted Answer

You can use Numeric Edit on it.

Note that it can be a bit difficult to target the edge of the red x image, the actual edge seems to be a bit inside the visual edge, into the gray area. (Note that you can "spam-click" this command. Since left button repeats the command, and the command ends whenever you click with a non-valid selection, just keep clicking will reactive the command for another try)

Chumbleargel1200
  • Thanks, got it :) Random spam clicking everywhere eventually got it from a random pixel near the bottom right of the X ?

Loopysue