Stilt House Symbols for CC3+ Mike Schley Style

I'm currently working on my first overland map using the Mike Schley Style. Part of my map is a large swamp, in which I wanted to place some symbols to indicate stilt villages, but there weren't any available. Despite having very little artistic talent, I repurposed and combined a few existing symbols to create the attached set, which includes six different stilt house symbols and two stilt villages. I'm not sure if anyone else is interested, but I thought I'd share them with the community just in case. They're obviously not professional quality up close, but on a map I'm satisfied with the impression they give.

Tagged:

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

Hi Robert,

Unfortunately, just sharing the symbol catalog doesn't help much since it references bitmap images on disk, so nobody can see the actual symbols. You'll need to share the actual image files too. For that, there is a caveat though, you say you repurposed existing symbols. If these are modified official ProFantasy symbols, you can't legally share them. The same may apply with symbols from other sources, depending on the agreement you acquired them under.

I did open your symbol catalog an noticed that it referenced the symbols on your D-drive. This is also bad when creating a custom symbol catelog. You should really put them inside the CC3+ data directory, and use relative paths (@) to address them, so you don't force other users and other computers to have the exact same directory structure as your current computer.

Loopysue
  • The best place to put custom symbols I've found is "@Symbols\User\username" replacing "username" with a user id reflecting who created them.

• It would be great to see your map Robert, even if you aren't allowed to share the symbols. ?