Help with missing CSUAC2 Bitmaps?

From CA108B Razoredge Gorge 2.FCW:

I see Log_ome_%SIZE%.PNG (HI, LO, VH, VL) files. Any ideas what the problem could be? I tried reinstalling CSUAC2, even renaming the dir in SYMBOLS and I'm still getting the error. Security permissions seem fine (and these are on my D:\ drive, so no overzealous Windows security).

Best Answer

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Accepted Answer

Those maps unfortunately uses the old version of the CSUAC (the current one at the time obviously).

At one point, the CSUAC had to be rebuilt for CC3+, and at that point the folder structure was also changed. Vintyri only maintains the newest version, so the old version is no longer available. The new version do contain all the symbols, but the paths are not the same.

There's no way to install it that will make this work, you'll have to manually replace the symbols with their counterpart from the new version.

Loopysueargel1200

Answers

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

I can't help you with this one myself, since I have only had Bogie's Mapping Objects installed for several years now, but there lies an interesting point. The red Xs I can see in your little snippet of map above are the same as the ones I get when I open the example map myself. I don't know if this is of any significance. It might just be one of those curious coincidences.

I remember the installation for CSUAC used to be a manual operation involving dumping unzipped files directly into one of the PF folders (c. 2016-17). Is it possible that you have done what many of us did initially and unzipped the contents into the very similarly named but wrong system folder? Are you able to see any of the CSUAC symbols in the map or the CSUAC symbol catalogues, or is it only just some of them?

There is a FAQ page provided by the Vintyri Project here, if that helps at all.

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Accepted Answer

Those maps unfortunately uses the old version of the CSUAC (the current one at the time obviously).

At one point, the CSUAC had to be rebuilt for CC3+, and at that point the folder structure was also changed. Vintyri only maintains the newest version, so the old version is no longer available. The new version do contain all the symbols, but the paths are not the same.

There's no way to install it that will make this work, you'll have to manually replace the symbols with their counterpart from the new version.

Loopysueargel1200
  • They have installers now. If you only have Bogie's isntalled then you should get the red X's since the images are from CSUAC_2. I went through all those installer instructions so believe it has been done properly. They have an installer for it now so less chance for problems. I even renamed CSUACS_2 and got a fresh install for it. So not sure what I'm missing now.

I was able to just place Log_ome in a different map. And I could swear I had that map loaded up and working a few weeks ago. So not sure what's breaking it now.

Also, shouldn't you be working on on the November Annual?!? ;) :P

Loopysue
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

But I am working on the November annual! ;)

I come up for air every now and then...

argel1200JimP[Deleted User]