Light effects rendering problem

Hello all

I've been using the software for about a year now, but only recently I decided to use lights in my dungeon maps. And here is the problem: everything looks great until I export the map. Light effects sometimes have this weird cut-off in random places and I have no idea if it is some kind of rendering glitch or I can't set up lighting correctly. I would be greatful for any advice. Here are examples of what I'm talking about. First image is a screenshoot from a dungeon map that I'm currently making, and the second one is a file after rendering.

gmsh

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

Hi tafferka :)

That's down to your Maximum Pixels Per Pass settings.

When the image is rendered CC3 does a number of passes from side to side across the map that are as deep as permitted by the MPPP value. When the source of an effect lies outside the current pass CC3 is unable to 'see' the effect itself, so a pool of light is cut off with a horizontal band.

Type EXPORTSETMPPP on your keyboard and hit Enter. Check the command line to see the current limit. If you haven't used this command before now the default is 4000000 (4 million). You can now add a zero and multiply it by a factor of 10 by typing 40000000 (40 million) and hitting enter.

Hopefully, this should cure the problem. Please let us know if it does not.

gmsh
  • That did the trick. Thank you! ?