SS2 Mapping Guide or Essentials

Hi Folks,

SS2 came with the Humble Bundle but I don't appear to have a mapping guide or Essentials for it, is there one? There is a SS2 Readme.txt file in the @Program Data/Profantasy/CC3+/Documentation folder but nothing else as far as I can see.

Also, SS2 appears in the Dungeon mapping style menu not the Floorplans mapping style menu, is that correct?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

No, there isn't a dedicated mapping guide for SS2. SS2 primarily extends DD3 with more styles, and is used the exact same way as DD3 itself.

And as a dungeon style, yes, you would find it in the Dungeon category. Generally, the Floorplans one is for modern/sci-fi type stuff, to separate it from the more fantasy-style stuff in the Dungeons category, although both are floorplan-level maps.

jmabbott
  • edited September 2020

I don't think that there is a manual, I don't seem to have one either, there is a SS2 tutorial section in the Tome of Ultimate Mapping. It's really a different set of fill styles and symbols for DD3, and so that DD3 essentials should be enough to get started.

There's no guides for SS1 or SS3 either as far as I can tell.

I'd expect SS2 to appear as a dungeon style, as "dungeon" seems to be used for all "fantasy floorplan" styles and "floorplan" is used for Modern / Retro / Sci-fi ones.

Edit: Remy was too fast for me there!

jmabbott
  • Righto, thanks guys.

Great live mapping video this week @Monsen BTW. Really informative.

Raiko