Quayuazue aka Darren McDowell

Hello all,

I am Darren. Born in Florida,USA I began playing D&D as the tag-a-long kid brother of my two step brothers in 1977(a wee lad of only 7 years). I now live in Tennessee, just north of Music City USA and the Home of Opryland(sadly closed some years back) and the Grand Ole Opryland, Nashville, TN.

I have been playing D&D ever since, until D&D 4th edition. My game group opted to stay with the more D&D 3.5 style of the Pathfinder game and now Pathfinfer 2nd edition. I first discovered Profantasy with a character making software for 2nd Edition D&D, I believe the mapper was called “Campaign Mapper” at the time. I have always loved maps and even with very little artistic ability I would hand draw and color maps, since finding Profantasy my map ideas look so much better with the art work and styles available!

Getting to know so many people with the love of maps here on the forums has been great! I have been inspired the past year to remake most of the maps in best friends home brew world. Thank you all for the helpful thing that you post and the fast answer given to the craziest question !

My Next big adventure will be convincing Herr Professor “Ralf Schemmann” to teach a full schedule class on mapping, he can’t possibly be busy,LOL. Danke, Ralf, for all the Hard work you put in to the live mapping, and you too Remy! This has greatly improved my own work. And thank you to all the people of Profantasy for the programs you have provided for making some truly amazing maps.

This is an old picture of me with members of Albanach - a most outstanding pipe and drum band from Scotland. And well, I’m a Ravenclaw as you have seen. I accidentally selected both pics and I can’t seem to find a way to delete it from the post.

Happy mapping !

Quayuazue “Darren McDowell”

MonsenLoopysueJimPRaiko

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited September 2020

Ah, good old Campaign Mapper. I think I still have my old Core Rules 2.0 CD somewhere. That CD was full of goodies.

Nice to hear the forum has been inspiring for you. I hope it will continue to be so. I know it has given me all sorts of inspirations over the years.

Quayuazue
  • Ah yes, I'd forgotten about the Core Rules CD and Campaign Mapper.

Thanks for posting your story Darren. I've also played through every edition of D&D & Pathfinder and settled on 2nd Edition Pathfinder.

Quayuazue
  • Great story Darren.

How much better is PF2E over PF1E? I downloaded the playtest version but haven't had a good look at it yet (the introduction annoyed me but on that point I'll keep my opinions to myself).

• Nice one Darren.

How is the Pathfinder 2.0? Have the book but didn´t read it yet... atm quite happy with D&D 5e, but who knows ...

• Pathfinder 2nd Edition is good. I like it.

but there are many new things that have seemed hard for me to get a handle on. Character creation is not so easy for me to do in a hurry and to teach to new players ( teens and preteens). But I have had a very long run of a system that had not changed much (D&D 3.0 - pathfinder). The new changes will just take time. I had also been using Hero Lab for a long time and that has made my pc creation by hand seem so long and drawn out. I have only played around with the new HeroLab Online. I like the classic much better.

over all it is a good system just need more time with it, give it a try !

• Will read it once i get time for it for sure :) Thanks for the input!