CA155 and FT3 Percent Sea?

I'm trying to follow through the CA155 tutorial but running into an issue. I'm using seed -838273952 with these adjustments (in the order I applied them).

World Settings -> Selection -> Fantasy World -> Load -> Apply

World Settings -> Primary -> Percent Sea -> 44

World Settings -> Editing -> Custom -> 2000 (I assume setting this is normal)

When I export to Special MDR I'm usng 8192 for the samples (the default I'm given, though I've tried 5000 as well). When I import in to Wilbur and load the land and sea colors I get a two color map:

I've trid another map or two and if I just set samples to 2000 (with the checkbox under it checked) I don't seem to have issues. So it seems to be tied to Fantasy World and/or the Sea Percentage.

Any ideas what I could try to get this into Wilbur correctly?

Best Answer

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited September 2020 Accepted Answer

This is to do with extreme altitudes and data that isn't a number - Outliers and NANs.

The instructions on how to ensure your world is free of them are the last 2 paragraphs on page 10 and all of page 11 of the Supplemental Notes.

With hindsight I maybe should have put this in the main Mapping Guide, but at the time I didn't think these things affected unedited synthetic worlds. Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing!

argel1200

Answers

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited September 2020 Accepted Answer

This is to do with extreme altitudes and data that isn't a number - Outliers and NANs.

The instructions on how to ensure your world is free of them are the last 2 paragraphs on page 10 and all of page 11 of the Supplemental Notes.

With hindsight I maybe should have put this in the main Mapping Guide, but at the time I didn't think these things affected unedited synthetic worlds. Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing!

argel1200