Editing an old post

How do I go about editing the first post in an old topic? Where is the edit button hiding?

For example, if I would like to add more info to the first post of the Shessar's Art Assets thread, how would I do that now? I can't seem to find the edit button.

Raiko

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

I think that might be the result of there being a limit on the time you can edit a post. It's to stop spammers from making lots of mundane posts and then filling them with all kinds of rubbish later on.

If you need to edit an old post you can contact Remy and ask for his help.

Shessar
  • I see. Thanks Sue!

Forgive my old lady grumpies, but not being able to update my own topics is rather annoying. Stupid spammers ruining for the rest of us.?

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited September 2020

So they do. Setting the policies is a fine line between preventing spammers and annoying members. I try my best to avoid the latter because I know how annoying unnecessary harsh spam prevention efforts can be.

I've reduced the editing requirements a bit now, everyone of Surveyor rank or higher should now have unlimited editing powers. I guess anyone with a 100 posts and 100 points can't be a spammer.

LoopysueShessarJimPpdjRaiko
  • Thanks for that Remy, I'd been planning to ask something similar, as I'd really like to be able to tweak the first post of my Curse of the Crimson Throne thread with hyperlinks as I go along, rather than making fresh threads for each completed map. I'm not quite there yet (surveyor), but will be very soon and that sounds like a great compromise. ?

I know what a pain spam posting is (especially the "edited later" type) from other forums where I've moderated or administered.

Thanks for your great work.