Losing Maps

So I made a small dungeon map for DND and saved it with names that wouldnt replace it. Now when I try to open the map it is not there in cc3pro folder. The same thing happened with my overland map that I am working on but got that back as it was in quick access. Does anyone know where I can get them back from and stop this from happening?

Comments

• Nevermind I found it when I try to make a new dungeon. Its annoying how it hides them from me, I couldnt even see them in the folder

Loopysue
  • LoopysueLoopysue 🖼️ 9 images Mapmaker ProFantasy

Its better and safer to make a subfolder in your Documents folder for all your mapping projects and keep them in there. Easier to find as well ;)

• But I cant copy and paste the file like I can on the overworld map,how do I do this?

• MonsenMonsen 🖼️ 12 images Mapmaker Administrator

You aren't saving it in the installation folder (c:\program files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3Plus) are you?

Windows have special protections fro those folders to ensure nothing tampers with them, so saving anything there is going to cause a lot of issues.

As long as you can find the file from inside CC3+, just use File -> Save As to save it to a better location, like a folder inside My Documents as Sue suggested.

• Well it was automatically putting there, I understand now. I will resave it somewhere else too. Thank you

• I do a save as into a separate folder for all my maps. Basically c:\Profantasy\CC3Plus\crestar with sub-folders for all my sites.

When I start a new map, I browse over to the folder for that site and save it there.

• DaltonSpenceDaltonSpence Traveler
    edited September 7

I have the same problem (this is new maps right off the template, right) but I recognized it immediately and made a special effort to place the maps exactly where I wanted them. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to specify a custom default directory for saving new map files. (Please, somebody correct me!)

• Can't correct you, but I wish they would add this as an option in a future update (hint to Ralf)