Input a scanned map

I was wondering if it’s possible to input a scanned map or maps to modify and or combine. I want to take my verious Darksun maps and combine them into one to use with Realm Works for setting up my campaign is this possible and what version(s) would I need to do it?

Octorilla

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited September 2020

You can easily import one or more scanned map into CC3+.

Do note that it will only be a flat background element, it won't be converted to actual CC3+ symbols and entities, and won't be modifiable inside CC3+, as CC3+ isn't an image editor. What most people do is to import a scanned map and keep it as a background image to trace over inside CC3+, to basically recreate the map in CC3+, using the scanned map as a guide.

You can also keep the scanned map as a background element and place things on top of it, but that might look a bit weird, depending on the map, since the style of the background probably won't match the style of the CC3+ symbols.

Octorilla
  • It might take a bit of getting used to, but I have scanned over five hundred 5mm hexagon paper maps into this software and used them as guides to make maps.