my discussions

JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
edited August 2020 in Site Matters

I was looking for my discussions, and found them by clicking on my avatar and then clicking on the envelope.

But I do miss the other bits, participated, etc.

Oh, and I see I have only 1 week to edit a post.

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

Hi Jim :)

All the threads are still here, but I guess you mean your whispered discussions? This newer version of Vanilla does not allow for whispers, so to solve the problem of where the heck to put them all to preserve them, these have been transferred to your messages folder. You can message other members any time you like by visiting their profile (click their avatar name in any post or anywhere you see it) and clicking the Message button in the top right corner.

Not sure I understand what you mean by the participated bit?

The time you have to edit a post is affected by your rank, which in turn is affected by your points. You will get more points quite quickly once Remy starts awarding the badges that are manually awarded, like the new Community Atlas badges... no one has seen them yet, but I think you will probably be one of the more highly ranked individuals. This limitation on message editing is to prevent people from editing their comments in a way that makes a total nonsense of all the following responses - an irritating habit that only a very tiny minority of people are guilty of doing, but which makes a mess of the thread. I don't think for one minute that you would ever do such a thing, but settings are general and cover everyone. I also have a one week limit ;) If you have a really big issue with a particular comment and want to edit it on the 8th day you can ask an Admin via the PM system (messages).

I hope that helps a bit.

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

The old forum did have a filter for participated discussions in the sidebar. Unfortunately, this new version don't have that option. You should see the filter for 'My Discussions' there though, a few links below the new discussion button, without having to go to your profile.

Loopysue
  • Ah, now I remember what else I miss.

Some of my mapping threads go off the main page. So being able to click on 'My Discussions' will give me a list I can click on and go to for threads that had gone to an older page of threads. I see the My Discussions. I'll try that out.

Sorry, I'm about half asleep and its laundry day.

Jim