Creating a specific arc width?

I'm drawing charts where I need arcs starting at a particular point (often arbitrary) but with set arc widths (ie how many degrees the arc runs for). At the moment, I'm using Center, Start and End and just starting the arc and then using Numeric Edit to set the exact arc width. Is that the quickest way to do it, or is there a method that can set it while you're placing the end point? Thabks in advance.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited August 2020
    Probably the fastest. Unfortunately for this particular use, the ending angle is in relation to the coordinate system, not the angle width of the entity, so command line input is tricky for this one when you have an arbitrary start point, and there aren't any better arc commands available as far as I know.
  • Thanks, no big deal, just wanted to check.
  • OverCriticalHitOverCriticalHit Traveler
    edited August 2020
    Tangential question, but just became aware of it as I'm working, what is the best way to draw "squashed" arcs and circles (eg ovals, egg shapes). I'm guessing that it might be a smooth poly and using grid snaps. I don't think you can scale circles and arcs in just one direction only, or can you? If it is via a smooth poly, I'm having a bit of trouble getting them to look regular, if you know what I mean. Again, thanks in advance.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, ellipse is what I was after. Making it worse, I think I've used it in the past.