Mixing styles

Got a project in mind where I want to mix styles (some kind of Dungeon & City Panoramas from CA103) on an Overland Perspectives template. However I feel like when ever I start to do this I wind up fighting with the tools and menus. I guess I just don't have a solid grasp on the way the filters and tool settings work.

Can anyone point me to an annual with a good tutorial or article on this sort of thing. I suppose in the mean time I should go re-read those parts of the Tome.

Thanks as always!
Curt

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    It is usually best to pick the main style for the map and open symbol catalogues from others as necessary. Fills can be imported by making a blank map of the relevant style and then threatening to import file, but not pasting it down - or pasting it and then immediately undoing that action.

Things only get complicated if you want to use the drawing tools from other styles. It is often more simple just to use the CAD drawing tools on the right (rectangle, circle, straight poly, smooth poly, etc) having selected the relevant sheet, layer and set any appropriate line width. If you are missing sheets it is easy enough to create the sheet and copy the effects across from the blank map you created of that style.
  • Thanks Sue! I usually do it just like that - normally only needing a out-of-style symbol here or there. Since I was going to want to get into fill styles and stuff this time I just assumed I was missing a better way to do it. I'll keep on keepin' on! Thanks again.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    The fill styles can be imported using the menu, but it is much faster to just threaten to paste a dummy map of the style containing those fill styles into your current one as I described above. That is the only reason for pasting or threatening to paste the dummy map - to import the fill styles from that style.