[WIP] Community Atlas - Artemisia - Kirid-Kagal Volcano region

Here is the second last regional map to fill in the whole of Artemisia. I have tried to put in some adventure hooks, but not very much civilization here, dense forests, hilly regions, and difficult mountain terrain.

Comments

• I have mainly the text to add (including curved text for the rivers). All criticisms and suggestions very welcome.
  • LoopysueLoopysue 🖼️ 9 images Mapmaker ProFantasy
    I really like the volcano, but I'm not very keen on the trees. At this scale I think the groups and lines are a bit unnatural. However, making things look more natural might mean using the woods tools you've made and then several hours of hand placing individual trees, so not to worry about that comment if you don't have the time :)
  • Thanks Sue - i agree with you and have already 'fixed' it, I think.
  • MonsenMonsen 🖼️ 12 images Mapmaker Administrator
    Perhaps an ancient city covered in volcanic ash (Pompeii) might live near the volcano.
  • Well the ruins of one anyway with legends of a secret labyrinth buried beneath it containing monsters … and treasures.
  • You could have a ruin, with some volcanic small pumice rocks and some dust near the lava field. maybe a piece of pottery, and in the description it say the pottery shows a town scene with a building similar to this one on the edge of town.
  • Great suggestions - thanks to all of you. Pompeii awaits.
  • 19 days later
  • MonsenMonsen 🖼️ 12 images Mapmaker Administrator

Thanks for another map Quenten. It is now available in the atlas.