Lighted Dungeons Video Tutorial

Just watched Remy's tutorial on the above and have a question re turning it from night to day. In the video, Remy goes into the sheet effects ( there's only a few, I think it's 4 or 5) and either turns them on or off as required.

My question is, would it be easier to save one version as 'Day' and another as 'Night' and then just link them?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    That's always an option, but it is less friendly if you wish to make changes to the drawing later. In most cases you won't be jumping back and forth often either, as you would usually use an exported image at the gaming table.
    Another option is to save the two different effects setups as effects presets. Then they are much quicker to change between, although if you do this often, the preset list can get a bit filled up.
  • Thanks Remy. Yeah, for a session or two you're right, probably best to just manually change the sheets - as you say then there's only 1 version to edit. I was just curious.
  • You could add a hotspot button that could toggle the requisite sheets using the TOGLSHT or TOGLSHTF commands, the latter being a filter command that assumes the sheets have a common prefix ("DAYLIGHT*" for example).
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Won't work here unfortunately, because I am changing the active effects on the sheets, not deactivating the sheets themselves. If you wanted to do it that way, you would also need to duplicate the contents of the sheets, which has the same problem with later editability as having two separate maps.