Switching between Cosmographer and Dungeons

OK, I was working on a Cosmographer file and decided to do a room in Dungeons.

I went through the wizard, Deciding settings. Then it got weird because instead of Dungeons fills I still had the fills from Cosmo. Everything else was OK - it was just the fills that were hugely different.

I went through the process twice more before I finally got the fills. Anyone else had this?
The question is...
  1. Which of the Cartographer's Annuals do you think these images came from?5 votes
    1. 2014
      20.00%
    2. 2016
      60.00%
    3. 2018
      20.00%

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    No, I haven't seen this happen before, and I'm unsure how it could. You might want to restart CC3+ before creating the new map.
  • I did - or I think I did. I'll do it again this afternoon.

I've just remembered that one fill is on the list of fills you get when you click "Advanced" on the [DRAWTOOLSP] pane but I can't find it to use the flipping thing - it's 'English Daisies" - although there's one more word and as I'm on my Mac and have limited time just now, I can't check.
  • Hi Ralf,

I've made a dungeon from scratch and the fills are there (where I got the daisies from I don't know, by the way) but I've lost the snap without right-clicking on [Grid] in the file once saving has been done.

I'm gradually losing the Snap function from the creating-the-file process, first Cosm, now Dungeons ... Why?????
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Helen, you have the weirdest things going on! Sorry to not be much help, since I haven't seen anything like this happening before. Is the snap totally gone, or can you right-click the Snap button and activate it again? Make sure you to also activate Cursor snap, if you want to see your cursor snapping to the points.
  • Posted By: RalfHelen, you have the weirdest things going on! Sorry to not be much help, since I haven't seen anything like this happening before. Is the snap totally gone, or can you right-click the Snap button and activate it again? Make sure you to also activate Cursor snap, if you want to see your cursor snapping to the points.
    If you knew me physically you'd know that this is par for the course as eventually everything technical (and I include my powerchairs in this) behaves oddly for no obvious reason.

The only way to get Snap to work is to make the map then right-click to activate Snap!!
  • Posted By: HelenAA
    Posted By: RalfHelen, you have the weirdest things going on! Sorry to not be much help, since I haven't seen anything like this happening before. Is the snap totally gone, or can you right-click the Snap button and activate it again? Make sure you to also activate Cursor snap, if you want to see your cursor snapping to the points.
    If you knew me physically you'd know that this is par for the course as eventually everything technical (and I include my powerchairs in this) behaves oddly for no obvious reason.

The only waytoget Snap to work is to make the map then right-click to activate Snap!!
    Having written the above, I'm now finding that the Snap is erratic - sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. What a mess I've got myself into!
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    You are aware that the snap settings are per template, right? So when you start a new map, it is dependent on the settings for the template you chose if snap is on or off by default, and what the grid settings for the snap is.
    It is also dependent on the template if cursor snap is on or off. With cursor snap off, you won't see the actual snapping until you click to place something, and then it snaps into place, but with cursor snap on, the snapping happens alrady with the preview at the cursor.

Since not all templates comes with the same settings by default here, and the settings changes with each map you load/start, it may feel like it is behaving erratic.