How do I change the color of a floor texture in DD?

I'm new to CC3+ and DD and I'm making a map of a (haunted) mansion. I'm using a tan colored floor texture that looks like hardwood floors (screen shot attached). How can I change the color of this floor texture so that it's gray wood instead of tan?

Is there a way to copy the texture and change the color? I tried the feature "Use current color" but it doesn't seem to be changing anything. My guess is that I'm one or two steps away from success, but I don't know what to do next. :)

Thanks, everybody, for your help!

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Colors doesn't work on bitmap fills, they only apply for a solid filled polygon, or a brush pattern.

There are a couple of ways you can go ahead to get the result you need.

First one is to use an effect like the RGB Matrix Process or Adjust Hue/Saturation. Of course, as these are sheet effects, they will affect anything on that sheet, so you'll manually need to put the floors you wish to affect on a different sheet.

The second option is to edit the bitmaps themselves. This needs to be done in an external image editor. Obviously, you shouldn't overwrite the original files, but rather make a copy and modify those. You can then import these into your drawing using Tools -> Import bitmap fill styles. You can then make a copy of the drawing tool, and point it to the new fill style you just imported.
    (Note that CC3+ references the external files, so the images should be put in their permanent home before importing them. This should be somewhere inside the CC3+ data directory so that CC3+ can set up a relative path, otherwise you may get into trouble when using the map on a new computer)