Symbols already existed on import of fresh Bitmap Symbols

Hello ProFantasy Forum - I'm looking for help with an issue I'm having importing custom symbols.

I'm in the process of trying to create a new mapping style using the Forgotten Adventures assets as a basis.

Some sets of assets have been pretty straightforward to import - however sometimes when importing a set of symbols CC3+ gives the message "XX Symbols already existed on import of fresh Bitmap Symbols". This is problematic as when I look into the folder I can see that the PNG images have been converted into the relevant sizes for all images, however the Symbol Manager only produces symbol references for the ones it did not think exists, so I'm unable to import certain files.

I thought that maybe the use of a letter (A, B, etc.) to differentiate filenames might have been the culprit here, but some very quick experimentation by changing the "A" to "Outside" for example, has shown that I get the same result regardless.

Attached are screenshots with a list of files along with the message from CC3+

If you want to access the files I'm trying to import directly you can download them from here: https://www.forgotten-adventures.net/product/map-making/assets/mapmaking-pack/
However this is a 3GB+ download as it contains 12,000+ assets.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    It's the length of the file names. Symbol names can be a maximum of 31 characters. If the file names are longer than that, only the first 31 characters are sued for the symbol name, which then results in duplicate naming.
  • Thank you so much Monsen!

I thought it must be some technical shenanigans going on - renaming the files to less than 32 characters solved the problem.

Sadly it took me a while to notice what what going on so I have a buch of other symbol sets to re-import! Going to be a busy night!