scaling problem

Working in MS Overland and the tundra and farmlands wont scale up no matter what I do. Even if I scale after the fact which is a nightmare. In custom drawing tools advanced I can set the the sample width larger and it shows up in the preview and catalog view as larger but when I lay it in the map it is still the same smaller size.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited August 2020
    The sample width is just the width of the sample window, it is a setting that allows you to effectively see the results of the tool at different zoom levels, but it doesn't change the actual scaling of anything.

To change the scaling for a fill, click the fills tyle indicator in the top right, select the bitmap files tab, select the desired fill from the drop-down, and change the values under 'Scaled'.
  • I am using the scaling option now but it is still not working. I am trying to set the trees in the Pine Forest Tool to be bigger. When I select the tool to try to change it before laying down forest the upper right bar where I would change fills just says FS: solid 20. I have spent hours trying to get this scaling method working. When I try to go in to change the fill after I grab everything under the trees as well on the darn map. When I try to isolate the sheet that the trees are on so I can grab trees to change fill there is nothing there but a gray blob. The trees are nowhere to be found on the sheets.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Those are symbols in that particular fill. If you want those to be larger then you have to adjust the default symbol size setting in the Drawing properties/Drawing presets dialog (top row of buttons). This, however, won't rescale any previously pasted forests.