WIP Community Atlas Scalica on Doriant

Work in progress.
Critiques requested.
I used Annual Jon Roberts Map style.

My reservation for 900 miles by 1312 mile, is 3 time the size I originally calculated because I didn't show my work. I added another 200 miles of empty ocean to the west of the mainland for cartouches and legends. I plan on more versions, at least political, climate, elevation and historical and maps of smaller areas.

Comments

• This is looking great. I noticed that there are yellow numbers off of the right side of the map; did you intend for them to be there?
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    A very nicely composed map, there, John, though I find the effects a little puzzling where you have chosen to switch off most of the Edge Fade, Inner sheet effects and then blur the desert. A blur makes everything fuzzy, while an edge fade inner blends the edges into the background without blurring anything.

Looking forward to seeing the progress on it :)
  • john crowleyjohn crowley Traveler
    edited July 2020
    Shessar - I deleted the latitude grid and redid it without labels - that got rid of the numbers outside the right edge.
    Loopysue - That just shows you how low I am on the learning curve. So I added inner edge fade. That gives me the same inner transparency and a smooth transition. That looks at least 100% better. I left the blur at minimum strength because it smudges the lines that define the top of the dunes.

Thanks for the help!