How to use drawing tool from another template

I am using Spectrum Overland template to make historical Levant and try to make out Jerusalem by drawing a border, I try to use the border drawing tools from Modern Fantasy template, but it just didn't work.

I try to draw it myself, so I made a new sheet and copied the same sheet effects from Modern Fantasy, but it just didn't work.

May I know how to draw the same border style? Thank you very much in advance.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    It looks like your border is just a hollow line.

To use that border style correctly, you need to draw a solid filled polygon that covers the entire area. (Line width: 0, fill style: solid). The effect should then fade it appropriately like you see in the sample. You may need to tweak the width of the edge fade effect to fit your map size.
  • <blockquote><cite>Posted By: Monsen</cite>It looks like your border is just a hollow line.

To use that border style correctly, you need to draw a solid filled polygon that covers the entire area. (Line width: 0, fill style: solid). The effect should then fade it appropriately like you see in the sample. You may need to tweak the width of the edge fade effect to fit your map size.</blockquote>

Thank you, it worked!