Cannot Edit Fractal Coastline

I am not sure, suddenly I cannot edit my fractal coastline, I have not locked my sheets or layers. But while I draw the coastline, I can use the edit command perfectly. Much appreciated if any help!

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    hmm.. I've seen that in some rare occasions the polygon "hangs", although I am not sure why.

Here are a couple of things you can try which I have had success with in the past:
    Use Break image on the landmass. This will turn it into a thin line
    Then use Path to Poly on it to combine it back to the original landmass (found by right clicking Explode image)

Copy the entity to the clipboard using Edit -> Copy. Make sure to complete the command by providing the clipboard origin when the command prompt asks for it. The clipboard origin should be provided by entering 0,0 and hitting enter.
    Then erase the original entity from the map using Erase image
    Finally, paste it back in form the clipboard using Edit -> Paste. When placing the copy, instead of using the mouse, again enter 0,0 and hit enter. Then hit Esc to stop placing copies. This should place it at the exact same spot as the original, but the copy will be a new entity.

Hopefully one of those two methods work. If not, can you try posting the map file here so I can take a look at it?
  • there's no luck in both methods.

Here's the file, thank you very much for trying.
    map.FCW 73.4K
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Seems like your landmass is on the wrong layer. Use change properties, and move it to the RELIEF/CONTOURS layer, that should fix it.
  • <blockquote><cite>Posted By: Monsen</cite>Seems like your landmass is on the wrong layer. Use change properties, and move it to the RELIEF/CONTOURS layer, that should fix it.</blockquote>

Ahh, it is! Problem solved! Thank you very much! I never knew the EDIT command has something to do with layers.