Moon Colony WIP

Here is a moon colony I've been working on this weekend using CA147. It is a stab a larger dome than in the examples, one with interior buildings and roads.

Does anyone have any suggestions for more interesting roof fills that fit with the general ambiance?

Other comments/suggestions are also welcome!

Comments

• Looks great !

Is the color pattern part of the dome ? Or is it an effect ?
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    It's part of the dome, Jim :)

@HollowsHeart - lovely map! :) And an interesting question. I hadn't thought to look till now, but there don't seem to be all that many alternatives available as far as I can see. Mind you - I've only had a 2 minute glance so I might be missing something.

I can only suggest that you might find some online that you can save in your own folder within the C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Bitmaps\Tiles folder and import to your map using the Import bitmap fill styles command in the Tools menu. They will need scaling in the Fill Style Properties dialog, but its not too difficult.

Maybe there are some in the Vintyri sets? I haven't a clue because I don't have them myself, but one of the others might know.
  • The rainbow effect on the dome is marvelous.
  • Thank you everybody :)

@Loopysue I'll see what I can find, I guess I should be honored I'm one of the first to try this :p I also want to try leverage CD3 to make a fully-fledged domed city, but haven't had the time yet. Instead, I spend way too much time to add my own ship to the landing pad.
  • Some ideas for making additional space-like buildings with more variation:

Light-weight tents would be neat, there are indeed some tents in the "Structures" folder of the CSUAC/Vyntiri project assets, and these can easily be recolored to give it some variation or different tones.

You could also make some basic bolt-together structures by using a metal or smoother texture tinted gray and place a limited number of giant rivets and grates and vents on top.

That spaceship looks pretty sweet! The only thing I would tweak is to move those wing planes to their own sheet and make it darker so you can tell that plane is lower that the fuselage and engines on the ends. I think this depth change would make the ship pop a bit more :)
  • @NoahZorbaugh Thanks for the advice!

Regarding the ship, unfortunately it is a single image rendered from a 3D model, dividing it up into different layers is non-trivial. Maybe at some point, but definitely if I put any more ships into my maps.