Free battle map files and renders

LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
Hi Everyone! :D

I did a set of variations on a theme to show in a few non-CC3 fantasy mapping FB groups. Obviously, they needed the exported images rather than the FCW, so that's what they got.

However, it suddenly occurred to me that you might also find the battlemap FCWs useful. To see the whole thing when you open it you will need CC3+, DD3, SS4, Sues Parchments for the blank version, and Bogies Mapping Objects from the Vintyri Project (links for that are in the sticky Resources thread at the top of the forum), installed for the furnished version. If you don't have all of those here are the links to the rendered image versions of the attached files.

These renders are hosted by Profantasy, and are 6MB each - dimensions are 150 pixels per 5 foot square (or inch, if you like), and each map is 7200 x 3600 pixels wide and tall.

Monastery of the Serpent Lord - fully furnished, with grid
Monastery of the Serpent Lord - fully furnished, no grid
Monastery of the Serpent Lord - empty, with grid
Monastery of the Serpent Lord - empty, no grid

Half size extract:

[Image_15054]

The font I used for the title is called "Black Chancery" and was downloaded from Dafont.com here: https://www.dafont.com/black-chancery.font. I found it during a search on that site for "Commercial fonts" that are "100% free"

I'm hoping this will become a regular thing, so all future battlemaps I share as files and renders will be on this thread.

Comments

• edited July 2020
    So we have pushed you towards RPG mapping after all, Sue! Gnolls, no less!

Couple of things to mention.

The full FCW map will also need the BlackChancery font to be installed (it's not on the Community Atlas list, and I didn't have it, so it was immediately obvious). There's a free download version on DaFont here, which I've just downloaded, installed and checked works in the FCW!

It might be useful to say too that the free Sue's Parchments download link (an extra, as part of the 2017 Cartographer's Annual) can be found on this page of the PF website.

However, I have that bonus issue installed, yet the two parchment pieces on the blank FCW are showing only as red X's. I did a re-download and a repair install just now, but only with the same result, unfortunately, so it may be worth checking the link to the parchments in the FCW tallies with what the download version automatically installs.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Oh dear!

I am so sorry, Wyvern. I will see what's wrong and try to sort things out. It may be that I have used the parchments from my own original folder, but I won't be able to do anything about it at all for a couple of days now.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    These are great.

Regarding the parchments, I noticed that I only have a single file for each parchment in my 132A folder, while Sue's map refer to a _HI version. This is what happens if you use the import bitmap fills dialog and specify that you want to create other resolutions (This should never be checked when you import already prepared files, such as comes in official (and unofficial) symbol sets, only when you bring in your own custom stuff. )
    edited July 2020
    Thanks Remy :)

Oops!

I do it automatically because I'm always making new symbols.

I will repair the situation and replace that attached file, then edit this comment to show when it's been updated.

EDIT: Ok, I've changed the references in the file. I can now only see red Xs on my map, but this should cure it for everyone else.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    To fix your own errors, simply make a copy of the _vh versions of the fills and just remove the _vh suffix, doesn't hurt to have that extra file in there.
    edited July 2020
    That's a good idea - thanks :)
  • Excellent! All looking great now Sue!