Background coming through building

Hi folks,

I am trying for the first time to make a map using CC3 and it is going quite well. Im still learning
as we go. However there is one issue that is bothering me that is shown in the attached file.
I had previously removed a building which left a white gap. I filled this up with the standard background with the intent
to reshape the building which was working fine. But suddenly, mostly when i zoom in or out it shows that filled up background
over the building and i cant seem to change it. I have tried readding the building several times but the issue remains. I know there are some layer
tools but those dont seem to do the trick. Does anyone know what to do about this?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    The problem here is that that patch of dirt isn't on the background sheet (or whatever sheet the rest of your background is on), it is on a sheet after the sheet the building is on, so it appears on top of it. The obvious solution is to change the sheet that patch is on.

BUT, when you deleted the building and it left a white "hole", that is just a display issue, CC3+ doesn't immediately redraw everything for performance reasons, that white hole would have been gone the next time you zoomed or issued the redraw command. So, you can safely just delete that patch of dirt, you don't need it.