Grid Settings - Even Columns Higher broken?

Howdy, y'all!

So, I'm trying to work on a hex map and I check the "Even Columns Higher" option and it does nothing. Doesn't matter whether my grid is horizontal or vertical, there is no difference to the grid regardless how I check the box.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!

Defe

Comments

• I've found a workaround to fix the snapping, by right clicking grid, editing the user grid, and setting origin to 0 instead of half my grid size. Is there a similar way I might workaround the visible grid?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    It works fine for me, but note it only affects the numbering system, it won't change the actual grid. With it off, the grids rows are numbered such that hexes on even columns are numbered as belonging to the hexes that are above them on the odd row, while if it is on, they are numbered so that they are on the same row as the hex below them on the odd columns.
  • AH, I see. OK. Whelp, I've found a workaround for what I want - if I make the drawing one extra hex high, then add the hex grid, then change the size back to what I want, then I can move the grid down and it covers the whole image.

Thanks for the response!