Install order confirmation

Hello everyone,

First of all, be understanding with my written english; it's not my native language.

It's been a while I didn't dive into CC3, but the opportunity of the current Humble Bundle reminded me this fantastic software and I decided to update to CC3+ (and supplement my collection).

I know this topic has been answered a lot of times, but the related topics seem olds (2017) (I searched the support categorie).

IIRC, the order of installation matters, so before I mess up all my install, I humbly ask for confirmation of the installation process (assuming they all are setups for CC3+, and updated - no patch):

FIRST:

- install CC3+ & run it once (for the addons to find the right directories)

THEN (maybe the order didn't matter anymore):

- install CD3 (before DD3; seems important)
- install DD3
-intall P3 (Perspectives 3), SS1v3, SS2v3, any annual (I have 2007 to 2014), in any order

THEN (maybe the order didn't matter anymore):

- install SMC (before TTC; seems important)
- install TTC

FT3 being independant, it can be installed anytime.

Am I right or do I need to make some change?

Thanks for your kind answers.

Q'Xel

Comments

• edited June 2020
    This Technical Support page gives the correct installation order for all the PF products and the free third-party (CSUAC, Vintyri project, etc.) add-ons.

Basically, from that, install CC3+, and run it once, then close it again.

Install any full PF add-ons in any order.

Install any PF Cartographer's Annuals.

Install the latest CC3+ update.

Install any independent products - e.g. Fractal Terrains 3.

Install any third-party add-ons.

Start mapping!

Hope this helps!
  • Wyvern,

Thanks you very much!

I have to admit that I really dig but didn't found this support page... With products with such long history, a lot of informations has been stockpiled and I loose myself in all of these. It's been a long time I didn't come around, so, my fault.

Now, only the Tome problem to resolve (don't have access to CC3+ updated version), and I will be able to enjoy this fabulous software again!

Thanks again.

Q'Xel
  • Glad I could help. Hopefully, you'll have access to the updated Tome shortly as well.

The installation order is a bit convoluted, because in recent years all the older products have been gradually updated to CC3+, but for some, CC3 was still needed until they were updated. And of course, some people may still be running older versions of the software (like CC2).