Printing to scale with lighting on Adobe?

My main reason for getting CC3 and DD3 is for printing to scale battle maps. The lighting is such a cool effect that I want it on my maps as well. Per a previous post of mine, I printed a small two page map and it worked great. I tried another one that was about 8 or 10 pages, and the lighting effects didn't transfer. So per previous posts I printed to a PDF, and downloaded Adobe Reader. The problem now with that is scaling, as I have no clue what percentage I should do, and don't want to use a ton of ink experimenting. The scale for my maps is the standard 1 grid square equals five feet. Anyone else use Adobe for printing PDFs and have an idea of the percentage I'd need to scale it to? I'm guessing it's going to vary from print to print, which is frustrating. Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Alright, new problem, figured out that one. I can get it to the right scale, but when using the poster option for Adobe, I'll be able to get my map to print, but it's going to have about 12 pages of white and gray background/border that don't need to be there.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    If you print to pdf, make sure to first zoom into the area you want to print on screen and print only the "Active Window" from the print dialog.

Another option is to export a large png or jpg file and print that via Adove poster print.
  • The thing I often do for battlemaps is save as a rectangular png at a high resolution, insert that png back into CC3+ making sure it is scaled properly, then print to scale using the CC3+ dialog. Works beautifully and goes pretty quick once you get the hang of it.