Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorJMunsonII
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2019 edited

Greetings!

My players whomped through Phandalin and were able to kill the baby green dragon in addition to seizing the Redbrand hideout. So, they've now begun reconstructing the derelict manor. One of the players found a floorplan which I've adapted and mapped up in CC3+ using the SS4 Schley symbol set.

Enjoy!

Jon

First floor (the title should be Green Dragon Manor, but I hadn't fixed that yet)

Second floor

Third floor

I believe there are also plans for a wizard's tower, but not sure just yet... ;)
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2019

Awesome work!
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Those are some very beautiful maps. Your players should worship you for them! :)
    • CommentAuthorJMunsonII
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2019 edited

Thanks Lorelei and Loopysue (who also gets an LOL). :)
    • CommentAuthorScottA

Lovely map! Great work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Wow! A great manor. Any chance of placing it in the Community Atlas
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2019

Wonderful work, thank you very much for sharing!
    • CommentAuthorJMunsonII

Thanks Scott, Quenten, and Ralf.

Quenten - due to the map being based off an actual floorplan, though not exactly the same, I am not certain it can go in the Community Atlas if it were even up for consideration.

However, if such a thing is wanted, I will concoct an original floorplan that could be put in there if the group wants such a thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

I am sure that the fact it is based off an original floorplan is OK, unless that floorplan is copyrighted (eg, Tegel Manor)
    • CommentAuthorJMunsonII

While it isn't a gaming floorplan that provided the basis for this map, it is a real life one and I'm sure it is copyrighted. As this map is for private use only, I'm not concerned here, but I don't think this particular map should be in the community atlas.

I'll create another, original, floorplan for such purposes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

It would be great to have one of your excellent maps in the Atlas. Also, a map of a mine based on your annual would be great - perhaps a level of a dwarf mine.
    • CommentAuthorJMunsonII

Alright, I'll put a couple things together. The mine might be a bit as the manor will be a little easier/quicker to get done.
    • CommentAuthortreczoks
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2019

Wonderful!

But a little bit of critique:

Why does the barn part have three levels, and the main house only two? Even if the ceiling height of the servants quarters on the left is lover than the staterooms, a house that big would have a large roof, which, even if only slightly slanted, would offer ample space for more servants quarters and attic storage space.

No basement? Nothing at all? Not even a cold pantry under the kitchen?
    • CommentAuthorJMunsonII
    • CommentTime2 hours ago

@Treczoks:

Thanks!

This was a floorplan developed by the players, not me. As it was, I had to adapt the garage (a modern thing) into a stablery, which required moving the second floor rooms (that were over the garage) to a third floor. Their "budget" wouldn't allow for further upper floor modifications, thus the lack thereof.

The basement is actually the sublevels of the Redbrand Hideout (Phandalin), as this floorplan is the renovated Redbrand Hideout.
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTime2 hours ago

Beautiful maps as always Jon. I hope that you have players who appreciate the work that you do for them.
    • CommentAuthorJMunsonII
    • CommentTime2 hours ago

Thank you Shessar. :)