Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    So I just got CD3 recently and have been scanning the documentation and fora without any luck.

How do I seamlessly join two bitmap symbols easily?

For instance, I want to use the "walls" sections in the bitmap symbol catalog. I cannot find a way to get them correctly aligned without zooming in. This is very clunky and I suspect there is a better way. Thanks!
      Screen Shot 2019-03-10 at 10.03.31 PM.png
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2019

I'm not familiar with these particular symbols, having never used them, but normally symbols of this type (where alignment is desirable) are designed to be a specific length, like 5 or 10 feet long. If they are a specific length it then becomes possible to use the snap grid to align them. If it works that way with these symbols you will need to align a whole string of them and group them together then rotate them if you want a wall that is other than horizontal or vertical.

I may be way off track with all of that Because I don't know these symbols I don't even know if they are 'smart' or not.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2019

I have had to sometimes turn off snap, and just use Drag to move something like that crenelated wall to the rest of it. Zoom in as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2019

Most of the time, snap is the best solution, but those particular symbols are not very well-aligned. I found that with a snap setting of 5' with two divisions, they work reasonably well, but not perfect. I suspect the original artist of those particular symbols didn't have grid snapping in his mind when he made them.
    <blockquote><cite>Posted By: Monsen</cite>Most of the time, snap is the best solution, but those particular symbols are not very well-aligned. I found that with a snap setting of 5' with two divisions, they work reasonably well, but not perfect. I suspect the original artist of those particular symbols didn't have grid snapping in his mind when he made them.</blockquote>

I messed with the grid some more this morning and discovered the same thing. It's a shame, too, as that style of wall illustration works a lot better for my needs than the vector-and-effects approach.