Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2019 edited

Check out my latest blog article on Interactive Maps.

Even if the subject may be a bit to technical for some, please do download the example map linked at the beginning of the article (The main example, not the simpler moving lights one), try it out, and tell me what you think.
    I won't be posting a screenshot, as there is no way a screenshot can give this justice, you just have to load the map file in CC3+ yourself and try it.

This map is also kind of my entry to the February challenge. Kind of, because the map is actually an old map of mine (many of you will probably recognize it), adapted to make it interactive, and not a new map made now.

I've been thinking about this for a while, but Relyt's map did trigger me to do a proper write-up about this. (You may wish do download and check out his map too)
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2019

Hope this goes into the Atlas, then, Remy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2019

And the map is AMAZING with what you can do. How do we find that key, BTW?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2019

The key is hidden in the room guarded by the necromancer.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2019

Outstanding!

We like this very much :D
    • CommentAuthordwelsh99
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2019 edited

Great article...

I am an old school D&D gamer, recently some friends of mine asked me to joined them on Fantasy Grounds. The thing they where lacking were maps, so I purchased one of the CC3+ bundles and enjoying map making again.

What would be cool is a CC3+ viewer... not editor.

I an a IT guy for 3 manufacturing companies. They are wanting to map out all the warehouse rack locations and also be interactive. You know hold your mouse over a rack location and get rack location number and details. I could do this with CC3+, but without a viewer it would be difficult to share in the company.
    • CommentAuthorGrimmric
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2019

Maybe check this out?

https://www.profantasy.com/library/dpv.asp

Free viewer.
    • CommentAuthordwelsh99
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2019 edited

Thank you very much Grimmric. I am new to CC3+ and did not know a free viewer existed.

I can share with gaming buddies and see some real world applications.
    • CommentAuthorGrimmric
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2019

You are so welcome dwelsh99.
    Happy mapping.
    • CommentAuthorLadieStorm
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2019

that interactive dungeon you made was awesome Remy!!! My whole family was impressed with it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2019

Glad you enjoyed it. Did you manage to complete it?

This was just a small demo of what is possible though, I hope someone get inspired by the possibilities of this and makes something truly epic.