Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorkirayagami
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2018

Hi all,I have a quick question that's:

I just noticed that I must have messed up my Dungeons of Schley preset effects. As I just loaded it into a new map and it wanted to add some custom sheets and also has some effects that I know are not default for that setting.

Is their a way to reset these without an re-install or do I need to contact support for a replacement file?

Thanks in advance!
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Unless you save over a template, the originals are still there.

Just load the template and insert the map into it, save the map with a slightly different name.

I typically do this for my maps:

save as under file menu. filename01_001, make some changes to the map, save as filename01_002, etc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

To add a bit more detail to what JimP said.

The original effects are stored in the templates, as well as the effect setting, so if you start a new map from scratch, and then immediately head to the effects dialog and save the settings from this new map over the existing setting, you should have it back to default.
    • CommentAuthor7MAC7
    • CommentTime6 days ago

Hi, I have just purchased the pro fantasy character artist and wondering how I would go about importing one of the drawings I have made and using it as a portrait for fantasy grounds?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTime6 days ago

Not familiar with fantasy grounds, but I expect you can use any image file, so all you have to do is to render your character to an image file using fils -> Save as, and then pick one of the three image format (probably .jpeg for this use) as the file type, and save it to a convenient location. If you only want part of the image, you can also pick one of the three options that say 'Rectangular export' as the file type, this will cause CC3+ to ask you to define the region of the drawing to export.
    Note that you can also control the resolution of the export by hitting the Options button in the save as dialog AFTER picking the appropriate file type.
    I would have to check the FG forums, but I think portraits are best as jpgs, square of about 200 pixels? Tokens (which can use the portraits) are often pngs if you use transparency and are something like 100 pixels square for a medium sized creature.

But, I would pop on the FG forums or search the wiki to make sure.
    • CommentAuthor7MAC7
    • CommentTime5 days ago

Hi, thank you for the info. I selected small pictures, single counter, save as rectangular jpg. Options where set at 200x200 pixels as you recommended and cropped the face. Worked perfectly, thank you Monson and lordEntrails, great stuff.