Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorLadieStorm
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2017

I know there's a way to make the copywrite symbol ie. the c inside the circle, but I can't remember how to do it. Can someone refresh my memory please?
    • CommentAuthorjslayton
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2017 edited

When entering text, hold down the Alt key and enter 0169 on the keypad to get the © in the current font. The charmap program in Windows is a good way to get the unusual glyphs. Pick your font, pick your symbol, and then copy+paste that character into your document. If your font doesn't support it, drawing a small C with a circle around it would work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2017 edited

Just a quick supplementary note to what jslayton said. The numbers need to be entered via the numeric keypad (as he mentioned). Using the number row on the main keyboard won't do it.
    • CommentAuthorWyvern

And remember to turn Num Lock on first, which is what I usually forget...

thanks guys :) As it happens, I don't or very rarely use the number row on the main keyboard... I always use the number keypad.
    • CommentAuthorTonnichiwa
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2017

Does this work for adding a copyright symbol to a drawing in CC3+? or is this only for some other types of documents?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

This should work anywhere you can type text, including CC3+ text entities. It requires that the font used actually have the symbol though, not all fonts bother defining symbols besides plain letters and numbers, especially fancy fonts.
    • CommentAuthorTonnichiwa

Hmm, ok. Thanks Monsen. I'll have to give it a try.
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2017

That's what I was using it for... and it worked great :)
    • CommentAuthorScottA

I'm going to have to remember this, as I have been copying the © from Word and pasting it into the CC3+ text bar. This is so much easier! The things you learn...!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2017 edited

Even if you forget, as Monsen mentioned, the Character Map utility is your friend. In Windows 7 (and probably later, but I happily don't know) you can usually find it in Programs>Accessories>System Tools.
    • CommentAuthorthehawk

Windows 7 and previous: click Start then Run or press the Windows Key and R then type charmap in the box that comes up and press the enter key.
    • CommentAuthortaustinoc

Posted By: thehawkWindows 7 and previous: click Start then Run or press the Windows Key and R then type charmap in the box that comes up and press the enter key.

In Windows 10, you get it by typing "Character Map" into the search box. It appears to be exactly the same program as previous versions of Windows.
    • CommentAuthorWyvern
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2017

Pretty much the first thing I did when I got my new Win 10 machine last year was to add the Character Map shortcut to my taskbar. I have so many fonts that aren't alphabet characters, I couldn't manage any other way!